[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Where do Exceptions Go?

danielbr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 16:09:41 EDT 2006

I am puzzled about the following:

I have a JBoss Service (JMX) bean that obtains a local reference to a stateless session bean and then calls a method on it.  That method is throwing a NullPointerException and none of my code is attempting to catch it.

I was expecting to at least see the stack trace of the exception in the JBoss console or the server log file but there is no trace of it.

How does JBoss handle this case?  Where can I see the exception being recorded somewhere (short of having my code do it)?

Thanks,

Daniel.
(PS: Using JBoss 4.0.4-GA with ejb3 and all defaults)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978877#3978877

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978877