[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Binding Dropdown To Database Table Using Seam..

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 21:29:22 EDT 2006

It's not much help, but I definitely agree that the SelectItem stuff is a total nightmare in JSF. There is an open JIRA issue for Seam that tries to unify the various strategies in an easier to use API/annotation. It's not done yet.

Personally, I really don't understand why the standard SelectItem implementation can't just take another argument in the constructor that uniquely identifies an instance for the toObject() and toString() methods of a default JSF converter, something like:

selectItemList.add(
    new SelectItem("label", item, item.hashCode())
);

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978928#3978928

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978928