[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Factory on a Conversational SFSB

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 21:47:56 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm having some problems using @Factory/@DataModel/@DataModelSelection on an SFSB with conversation scope.

I've done a bit of forum-searching and came across the following comment from Gavin:

"2) factory methods are called every time a variable is referenced - you can't really 'clear' it "

I have some questions about this:
1) If the component that is instantiated by the factory already exists, why should Seam call the factory method again?
2) In my case, Seam is instantiating a NEW instance of my SFSB to call the factory method, even though one already exists in conversation scope.  Is this correct?

I'm currently looking at a workaround by using a page action instead of @Factory, but I just want to clarify this behaviour.

thanks,
Daniel.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978930#3978930