[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam application with tree on left and editor for select

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 07:07:37 EDT 2006

a) Well, the data model in for the tree is a Trinidad TreeModel, right now Seam doesn't have a @DataModel/@DataModelSelection binding for that. If you look at the xhtml, I use an action listener in the tree node facet: catalog.setSelectedCategory(category). I didn't want to dig deeper into the underdocumented mess of tree components, so there might be a better way to get a direct binding, instead of copying a value into a setter method.

b) Actually, the only client that I expect to call closeCatalog() is Seam when it times out the conversation. This would be the case when the user starts a new catalog conversation by clicking on the top-level navigation menu "Catalog". The previous conversation is then inactive and timed out. Not sure this is the best strategy, I'll need to decide when the application is a little more complex.

I guess your question is really if the right-hand side edit panel runs inside the same conversation and if it's a nested conversation. Yes, and Maybe. It's definitely the same identity scope for database objects, so I'd use one overall conversation and one conversation-scope persistence context.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979031#3979031

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979031