[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to approach error handling in a Process? Thoughts and c

james1969 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 17:21:47 EDT 2006

I am working on a high volume application where JPBM is being used to manage assets that need to be programatically modified.  I currently have 1 workflow for every asset type.  Within each workflow, I'm using nodetype 'node' where each node executes a basic operation (ActionHandler with code to do the operation) on the asset programatically (no human intervention).

Because these are automated processes and each node has a predefined operation on the asset, I have to handle error conditions.  My thought is to have a generic global error node to transition to if any exceptions are thrown in each node.  But I have found that you can only transition to nodes defined within a process definition.  So in my scenario with multiple process definitions, I would need to define an error node in each process.  So my thought about having 1 global error node won't work.

Another thought is to define an 'error process'.  Is there a way to jump from one process instance to a completely different and new process instance?  So for example, I'm currently executing in process A instance A1 and I come across an exception, can I create a new process instance B1 of process B and transition from A1 to B1?

Comments and thoughts please?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979205#3979205

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979205