[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - MyFaces Portlet in JBoss Portal Cluster

pmoller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 19 03:22:01 EDT 2006

I had some problems with the MyFacesGenericPortlet placing the non-serializable facesContext in the session but have come up with a possible solution. Maybe somebody has another and better solution.

In the processAction method of the MyFacesGenericPortlet the FacesContext is placed as an attribute in the session. Then later in the facesRender method this attribute is read again. Since I only knew of using Parameters to transfer request information from an ActionRequest to the RenderRequest my simple solution was to keep the facesContext in the session but doing this by wrapping the facesContext in a wrapper bean on which the facesContext is a transient field. This makes my portlet run in the Portal cluster.

Is there a better solution?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979270#3979270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979270