[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Foreign key reference with cascading delete

jbr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 19 10:14:59 EDT 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion. You are right as far as the user would survive the remove of a listEntry. But with this configuration i can't delete a user before all referencing listEntries are removed.
In terms of ER-Modelling it creates something like this:

  | table user(String id, String name, ...)
  |
  | table listEntry(String id,
  |    String userId references user.id,
  |    String listId references list.id on delete cascade)
  |
  | table list(String id, String name)

But what I need is:

  | table user(String id, String name, ...)
  |
  | table listEntry(String id,
  |    String userId references user.id on delete cascade,
  |    String listId references list.id on delete cascade)
  |
  | table list(String id, String name)

That's not exactly what i wanted, as i still need to cleanup the listentries manually before i can delete the user.
Have u successfully implemented something like that before?

Best Regards
Juergen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979367#3979367

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979367