[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Sharing EJB3 classes in a .jar creates "Unknown entity:" Exc

niclas.lindberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 19 10:18:09 EDT 2006

Hello all!

Packaging problem... We have different subsystems each one packaged in a .jar file and all of the subsystems packaged together in an .ear.

Well.. The public part (classes used by other subsystems) of each subsystem is excluded from the subsystem.jar and packed together into a subsystems-shared.jar. Subsystems-shared.jar is referenced to from subsystemA.jar .. subsystemX.jar with manifest Class-Path attribute.

The problem is that when I move any EJB3 entity beans out into the subsystems-shared.jar the subsystem using that entitybean finds the class (Class loading is ok). But the EntityManager throws an Exception saying "Unknown Entity: ". When I move the EJB3 entity beans back into the subsystem.jar it works.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Any best practices. This is how you do it - guide! available or am I missing something trivial?

Thanks for any reply!

Take care,
Niclas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979369#3979369