[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: problem in a simple seam application

dilshat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 20 02:34:23 EDT 2006

I am still having the same problem with the simple registration example although I have followed the exact procedure on the readme.txt.

In order to see whether the Bean is actually created on the registration page, I have slightly modified the getName() method:

  | @Name("user")
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | public class User implements Serializable
  | {
  | public String getName()
  |    {
  | 	return "I am created:"+name;
  |    }

I am expecting on the first page should display the "I am created:" as the value of:
<h:inputText value="#{user.username}" required="true"/>
on the registration page. But it still displays the empty content, and when I press "Registration" button, it display three "Conversion Error" message.

Running out of option, I have created the bean using managed bean in the faces-config.xml:

  | 	<managed-bean>
  | 		<managed-bean-name>user</managed-bean-name>
  | 		<managed-bean-class>org.jboss.seam.example.registration.User</managed-bean-class>
  | 		<managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
  | 	</managed-bean>

This time the bean is indeed created, I can see the content I set on the bean. So I assume JBoss failed to create the User bean, baybe it failed to get the annodation from  @Name("user") I don't know.
Could you give me a hint where shall I look at to find out the cause of the problem.
>From the discussion, I understand that it may be because that the embedded Ejb container has not started properly, but  there is no any exception or error message (in the log) when the first page is loaded and I have followed the exact procedure in the readme.txt.
I assume it maybe because of the database connection it have not created the bean silently so I removed the meta tags @Entity and @Table from User.java code to make it pure Java Bean, but still JBoss seam have not created User Bean and there is no error or exception.

I though that SeamPhaseListener  in faces-config.xml should be enough to make the JBossSeam injection to work on pure Java Beans in JSF, but apparantly there is more story in it.

  | <lifecycle>
  | 		<phase-listener>org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamPhaseListener</phase-listener>
  | 	</lifecycle>

I will be very appreciate if you give me a hint about where shall I look to solve this problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979559#3979559

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979559