[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - 4.0.5.GA & EJB3.0RC9 Message Bean Issue

pshrimpton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 20 06:37:34 EDT 2006

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but...

Had a problem with message beans in 4.0.5.GA & EJB3.0RC9 (they worked fine in 4.0.4.GA & EJB3.0RC8)

During deployment all Meassage beans failed to deploy with the error message...

java.lang.RuntimeException: unable to determine messagingType interface for MDB
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.getMessagingType(MDB.java:88)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory.resolveMessageListener(JBossMessageEndpointFactory.java:241)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory.start(JBossMessageEndpointFactory.java:184)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.startProxies(MessagingContainer.java:185)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.start(

The problem turned out to be that all my message beans had a common parent that implemented javax.jms.MessageListener..

public abstract class AbstractMessageBean implements javax.jms.MessageListener {}

public class ConcreteMessageBean extends AbstractMessageBean {}

..and for some reason jboss did not think my ConcreteMessageBean implemented MessageListener.  Implementing the MessageListener inteface again on my ConreteMessageBeans seams to have fixed this issue, e.g...

public class ConcreteMessageBean extends AbstractMessageBean implements MessageListener {}

Is this a bug?

Cheers
Phil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979614#3979614