[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: PropertyNotFoundException exception with JSF binding

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 20 08:34:19 EDT 2006

My fault Gavin,

I shortcut my explainations, i'm sorry, here:

I have a LIST of my own 'Attribute' class objects, where each of the 'Attribute' typed object has a collection of 'Value'(my own class) objects.

I outject to the view a LIST of Attribute objects and display some of their properties by the standard 'dataTable' tag.

Now I want to have another dataTable (within the 'Attributes' datatable) which will display each 'Value' object.

The problem is that I don't know how and what type of Validators/Converters or even UI Component to render for each 'Value' object since the way the 'Value' objects looks and their types dependen on many conditions.

So I have a in 'Value' class a method that returns the correct 'UIComponent' type with its needed converters/validators....

When I tried something like:

  | <h:dataTable id="attributeList" var="attribute" value="#{attributeList}">
  |   <h:column>
  |       <h:dataTable id="valueList" var="value" value="#{attribute.values}">
  |         <h:column>
  |            <h:panelGrid binding="#{value.renderJsfGridComponent}"/>
  |         </h:column>
  | </h:column>

I recieved a "PropertyNotFoundException" over the 'value' iterated object. ( I guess this is because 'value' is iterated it is not allowed to be used for binding)

The question is if there's any way of adding a UI Component dynamically somehow and if Seam may help (somehow) here...

Hope this time it's a little bit more understandable.. :)
Thanks...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979640#3979640

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979640