[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - HQL query to select taskinstances

joe_pugh_2003 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 21 17:52:16 EDT 2006

Hi

I am trying to write an HQL query which will return all TaskInstances for an actor id joining on a VariableInstance for that TaskInstance where the variable has a particular name and value. The stored VariableInstance has a variable of type Long and when I try to get the object by joining, the resulting query defaults to the StringValue column.

Does anyone know how I could join the TaskInstance onto the VariableInstance by the Long value column?

Basically I need something along the lines of:

from TaskInstance as taskinstance join taskinstance.variableInstances as variable where variable.name = 'name' and variable.value = 'requiredvalue'

But I need to tell it to use the LONGVALUE column in the table somehow.

I am doing this to get everything that I need from the one query as it is going to be used very heavily in my application.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Joe

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979812#3979812