[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - problem with class loader jboss schedular

harshi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 07:55:05 EDT 2006

hi,

i want to depoly a schedular in jboss. i used org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Schedulable.

when i deploy a jar file with schduler class and put the respective entry in jboss service xml with code base entry it works fine.

hence i need to include this jar file inside in ear.
say my jar file is ejb-application.jar
inside meta-inf/manifest.mf i include following entry classpath: ejb-application.jar.

then set code base to ear in jboss service.xml now the scheduler does not start and no class def found error is thrown for the schedular class.

i refered forum message  titled "CLASS PATH TO EAR" and include the my jar file in folder called lib inside the ear. then i change the entry classpath: .\lib\ejb-application.jar

then also ear deploys ok. but the no class def error for schedulable class is coming.

then i create a sperate jar file that contains the schedulable class and i include that in to default/lib.
the session beans refered is included in ear.
the schedulable class detects but contiously it gives no class def found error for the remote home interface.

could u pls tell me how to solve this problem.

what i basically wants to do is deploy a scheduler where the schualable class reside in jar file which deploy as an ear.

please help me

thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980004#3980004

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980004