[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: authenticate oracle users

marinac do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 09:22:05 EDT 2006

Thanks for your links, very interesting the one for WCD.
I have a web application and I have an oracle database with oracle users.  The request is to authenticate the oracle users and this was my issue. How do I query the database for passwords? I found out that I cannot do that, please see below link.
(http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:61:15468414540126688::::P61_ID:258715248980)

So I will  try for the moment to extract some users and passwords into a user defined table and I will try the form based authentication.

My question is now how do I match the   j_username and the  j_password from the login form with the values from the database?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980048#3980048

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980048