[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Debian(Sarge) Install Jboss Eclipse JBossIDE DVDStore

dgbaker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 13:03:02 EDT 2006

I have tried unsuccessfully to install Eclipse 3.2 and JBoss IDE 2 with many
flavors of JBoss AS 4.0.4GA, 4.0.5GA on Debian (sarge)Linux. Problems?
Too many to mention. Basically I proceeded with each configuration
searched the install notes and JBoss user forums
until I hit a road block and moved on to another configuration.

After months of weekend efforts I have one configuration that works on
Debian linux. This is a brief overview and not at all complete and I apologize for that.

Perhaps this note will generate other sucess stories of Jboss and Eclipse IDE installations on Debian Linux platforms (or other Linux platforms).

If this generate interest I will provide more detail if requested.

__________
1. Install jboss-4.0.3SP1 with JRE 1.5.0_06-b05
2. Install eclipse eclipse-SDK-3.1.2-linux-gtk.tar.gz
3. rm workspace
4. untar JBossIDE-1.5RC1-Bundle-linux-gtk.tar.gz to /myusr/local/JBossIDE-1.5RC1-Bundle-linux-gtk_tar_gz directory
5. Start eclipse -data workspace &
6. Select Help > Software Updates > Find and Install...
Select Search for new features to install, and press Next >
Select New Local Site... from the right menu.
7. select JBossIDE-1.5RC1-Bundle-linux-gtk_tar_gz directory
and proceed to install all.

8. Now for install hibernate plug in. This may not be necessary but anyway
this is what I did.

Select Help > Software Updates > Find and Install...
Select Search for new features to install, and press Next >
Select New Remote Site... from the right menu.
In the dialog fill the name with JBoss Eclipse IDE and the
URL with http://download.jboss.org/jbosside/updates/stable
Make sure JBoss Eclipse IDE has a check next to it, and press Finish.
Expand the JBoss Eclipse IDE tree, and check the release named JBossIDE 1.6
and uncheck everthing except hibernate.

9. Start Jboss AS cd  /myusr/local/jboss-4.0.3SP1/bin
type run.sh &
Now in eclipse change workspace to workspaceDVDStore. On my machine this contians the old DVDStore project
that has been temporarily out of service on the JBoss TrailBlazer link.
That tutorial uses mysql which I could not get working with JBoss so I
decided to use hibernate instead.
10. To get project to see hibernate stuff using eclipse add new user
library "hibernatejboss-4.0.3SP1" and select
hibernate files from
jboss-4.0.3SP1/server/default/lib

hibernate3.jar
hibernate-annotations.jar
hibernate-entitymanager.jar
hsqldb.jar
hsqldb-plugin.jar
jboss-hibernate.jar

10. Add JSF libs by creating a new user lib  libJSFjboss-4.0.3SP1 libs
and EJB3 lib from jboss-4.0.3SP1 as in step 10 above.

11. Go the the JBoss console http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdapter
select database=localDB,service=Hypersonic,
click on startDatabaseManager() and this will pop up a database manager dialog
that allows you to query the database and/or populate tables.
You should at least see all the tables for the DVDStore.

Doug Baker

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980106#3980106

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980106