[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Problem accessing ear services from war

feric do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 16:12:37 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to migrate from Jboss4.0.2 to 4.0.5GA but am having jndi problems.

My application is deployed with three files in the $jboss/server/default/deploy:

- application.ear
- application.war
- application-ds.xml

The war contains all the client jars it needs to access the ear file which has its datasource defined in the *-ds.xml file.

When I run a TestCase which tries to access the ear services, I have no problems. i.e:

  |             Object objRef = new InitialContext().lookup(LocalizationSessionFacadeHome.JNDI_NAME);
  |             LocalizationSessionFacadeHome sessionHome = (LocalizationSessionFacadeHome) PortableRemo
  | teObject.narrow(objRef, LocalizationSessionFacadeHome.class);
  |
  |             return sessionHome.create();

but when the web application (war) tries to access my ear services, I get the following error:

anonymous wrote : 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
  | 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] at com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java
  | :229)
  | 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:137)
  | 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] at org.mdarad.global.ServiceLocatorBase.getLocalizationFacade(ServiceLocatorBase.java:33
  | 77)
  | 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] ... 27 more
  | 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy566
  | 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] at com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java
  | :212)
  | 16:05:51,406 ERROR [STDERR] ... 29 more

It has to be some sort of configuration I need to set up in order to get this to work but I can't figure out which one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

François

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980180#3980180