[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - version differences

sonoerin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 23:16:00 EDT 2006

I have inherited a JBoss application that was originally using Tomcat for the Struts part, and directing to JBoss (not sure what version) for the EJB work.  I see that if I use JBoss 4.0.2, Tomcat is bundled with, and avoiding a configuration step for me.

Here is the existing structure:
The directory structure is:
project
\ src
\ lib
\ webapps\App1 (one project that is customer facing)
\ webapps \App2 ( the admin piece of the application)

I am able to get the project to build, but when I drop the EAR file under JBoss/server/default/deploy I get an error:
20:31:27,620 INFO  [STDOUT] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/aop/AspectManager
20:31:27,622 INFO  [STDOUT]     at org.jboss.console.plugins.AOPLister.getUnboundBindings(AOPLister.java:706)
20:31:27,622 INFO  [STDOUT]     at org.jboss.console.plugins.AOPLister.getTreeForResource(AOPLister.java:781)
20:31:27,623 INFO  [STDOUT]     at org.jboss.console.plugins.helpers.AbstractPluginWrapper.getSubTreeForResource(Abstra...

I am guessing there are serious configuration changes that need to be made.  I am reading up with JBoss At Work (who doesn't love O'Reilly) but I haven't really found a list of file chnages that I might need to make.

So, I know this is really vague - but I am not entirely sure where to turn.  I would really appreciate any advice, pointers or direction anyone can offer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980237#3980237

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980237