[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Adding/Persisting A Record Problem...

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 24 04:53:52 EDT 2006

"johnurban" wrote : anonymous wrote : anonymous wrote : 2) What does <h:messages /> give for the dropdown box. You've probably hit a conversion error. (You have <h:messages globalOnly="true" /> but none for the h:selectOneMenu)
  |   |
  |   | Fourth, if you say add an h:messages to the dropdown, what do I name the <h:message for="???? this name ????"/>.
  |
  | <h:selectOneMenu value="#{roomFinder.example}" converter="org.jboss.seam.EntityConverter" id="example">
  |   |    <f:selectItems value="#{roomListByOrganization}" />
  |   | </h:selectOneMenu>
  |   | <h:message for="example" />
  |
  | anonymous wrote : anonymous wrote : 3)Try adding a public void setExample(Room example) {...} method - how else can the roomFinder.example get updated?!
  |   |   |
  |   |

I'm concerned about the fact that you are outjecting the list of rooms into the session.  Try removing the @Out, setting roomListByOrganisation as a List and but a breakpoint on the @Factory method and see when it is run and what the java variable roomListByOrganisation is set to after the  Factory method has run - check that you aren't outjecting null!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980292#3980292

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980292