[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: No active event context

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 24 14:47:16 EDT 2006

I'm pretty sure I have found the problem.  Can someone who is seeing this issue try this as a workaround?

First, don't use the MyFaces StartupServletContextListener.  This listener should not be used in a portlet environment.

Second, get your system set to where you see the java.lang.NullPointerException: serialFactory.  That is the error that must be fixed.

Third, subclass MyFacesGenericPortlet and put these two lines in the init() method:

super();

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980482#3980482

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980482