[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Injection not happening?

bsheward do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 24 17:35:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a POJO JavaBean and JSF page which sets a property in that POJO. I have Log4J output which shows the property of the POJO being set to reasonable values.

I have a SessionBean which contains a method which should act upon that POJO. I can see the method being executed, but the @In'd property is always null.

  | @Stateful
  | @Scope(SESSION)
  | @Name("fileCabinetSession")
  | public class FileCabinetSession implements FileCabinetSessionLocal, FileCabinetSessionRemote {
  |
  | 	@In(required=true)
  | 	private FileCabinetEntry fileCabinetEntry;
  |
  |         public void importFile() throws Exception {
  |
  |     	if ( fileCabinetEntry == null ) {
  |     		System.out.println( "FCE IS NULL" );
  |     	} else {
  |     		System.out.println( "FCE IS: " + fileCabinetEntry.toString() );
  |         	fileCabinetService.importFile( fileCabinetEntry );
  |     	}
  |     }

The JSF file is:

  | 	<h:form enctype="multipart/form-data">
  | 		<t:inputFileUpload value="#{fileCabinetEntry.file}"/>
  | 		<h:commandButton type="submit" value="Import New"
  | 			action="#{fileCabinetSession.importFile}" />
  | 		<h:messages />
  | 	</h:form>

I can see in the debug.seam page that both fileCabinetEntry and fileCabinetSession objects exist in the application context.

Can anyone tell me why the fileCabinetEntry isn't being injected?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980543#3980543

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980543