[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - JBoss AOP-> Compile vs LoadTime vs Hotswap

Giordacchio++ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 25 09:05:01 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm a newbie about Jboss AOP and I've read both the User Guide and the Reference Guide to JBoss AOP but there's something that I've not yet understood.

It's not enough clear for me the pratical difference between:

-Compile Time weaving
-Load Time weaving
-Hot Swapping

When I should use one and when I should use the other ??

Using compiled time weaving it's possible to add for exemple an interceptor to a method using AspectManager ??

If yes what is the utiilty of LoadTime and HotSwapping respect to Compile Time, in other words what is possible to do with Load Time that is impossible with Compile Time ?? and on the other hand what is possible with HotSwapping that is impossible with LoadTime ??

Thank you ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980693#3980693

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980693