[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Challenge: Simple Example Adding Records With Lookup Dro

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 25 10:05:09 EDT 2006

I'm still concerned about personEditor having a SESSION scope [1]. I would suggest trying a really simple stateless session bean that just returns all the rooms in your data:

  | @SelectItems(label="description")
  | List<Room> allRooms;
  |
  | @Factory("allRooms")
  | void getRoomList() {
  |    allRooms = entityManager.createQuery("select room from Room room").getResultList();
  | }

and see if you can get that displaying on your JSF page.  Then work up from there.

In general I would suggest always using much simpler jsf/beans whilst debugging something like this and working up to a complex setup - something else could be causing the problem but be hidden.

The example is probably a good place to start - the only reason the backing bean is conversational is to show state being saved, the interesting stuff (@SelectItems) could easily be stateless.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980707#3980707

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980707