[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam application with tree on left and editor for select

japplicoon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 26 10:14:26 EDT 2006

Christian, sorry, but I have another question about your example, now it is a persistence/memory issue:

A category has a List of child categories and a list of items. You lazily init these when a category is selected ... inside a Seam conversation - that is your design, isn't it?
Then if the user successively views the itemslists of each category, do you step-by-step save the whole catalog data in the conversation?

So if there are many items and much data in each of them, would it be necessary to dismiss the children and items Lists on the category, fetching child categories and items manually?

I hope you are not too bored by my beginner questions ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981022#3981022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981022