[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Some problems with JBoss Portal 2.6 DR version...

roy.russo@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 26 11:40:27 EDT 2006

"wtff" wrote :
  | I don't experience performance or load problems when I access the http://www.netvibes.com/ demo with my Internet Explorer. They seem to employ the same javascript DnD library but I can drag the windows around smoothly.

I have the same setup as you, and don't see these problems, but Windows does seem to degrade over time. Netvibes uses part of what we use, but not the entire scriptaculous lib.

"wtff" wrote :
  | As a possible future improvement, one could also try to increase the responsiveness for minimizing/maximizing portlet windows by doing this on the client side (as in the netvibes demo) and only send the event as such to the server via AJAX?

Its planned for 3.0. The portlet 2.0 spec will likely impact this, so we chose to hold off, so we don't have to do the work twice. We will end up with a AJAX-portal, ala netvibes, with all the extra goodies.

"wtff" wrote :
  | Can you say whether the 2.6 final version will come with a navigation portlet that has a hirarchical menu-bar?

Submenus in the tabs? I'm looking in to that (again) this week. Sortable tabs, I will have to look at, as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981052#3981052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981052