[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: NPE when using optimistic locking with JbossCache 1.4.0.

pkorros do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 27 02:45:22 EDT 2006

I don't have a unit test but I could send you a trace if that helps you.

The problem is happening in a transaction that is starting from a Message driven bean and calls several Session beans (all have transaction required attributes). So all the method calls participate in the same transaction.
When I execute one message at a time everything works correctly but when I fill the queue with many messages (many concurrent transactions) the problem appears.

In the Session beans the hibernate session usage is like...
Session.open()
Session.find()
Session.close()

When the operation is real-only, or

Session.open()
Session.find()
Session.flush()
Session.close()

When the operation is read-write.

When I use pessimistic locking everything works ok. The problem appears only when I use the optimistic locking cache.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981230#3981230

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981230