[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Step-by-Step Seam Getting Started Guide

james.williams@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 28 09:23:58 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : I've actually given up on WTP's crummy "publish" mechanism
  | and gone and written a shell script to jar up and deploy the ear by hand.

seam-gen actually has non WTP based build script tasks and that was my original objective. But, since most newbies really want tooling, I added WTP support. To do the non-WTP way:

seam set-properties (make sure you select "N" when asked for WTP choice)
seam scaffold-project [PROJECTNAME]
seam deploy-project [PROJECTNAME] (will actually do same thing as WTP publish but w/ no tooling - build/deploy the ear to jboss)

HTH others that grow irritated by WTP. I don't like it all that much either but I've got my fingers crossed that it'll get better.

James

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981527#3981527

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981527