[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Scheduling in Seam?

modoc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 29 02:13:32 EST 2006

Ok.  So the javadoc and chapter 7 are wrong.  I still can't get it to work with a long.  I've tried on the assumption that it's millis and then when that didn't work seconds.

I may be doing something wrong.  There aren't any examples of it that I can find.

Here's my code:

    @Asynchronous
  |     public void processEmailsRecurring(@Expiration
  |     Date pDate, @IntervalDuration
  |     long pInterval) {
  |         mLog.info("proccessEmailsReccurring running...");
  |         processNewEmails(mIMAPClient.getNewMessages());
  |     }

Which gets called by:

  | @Create
  |     public void doStartService() {
  |         mLog.info("Starting up...");
  |         mLog.info("Kicking off recurring email processor.");
  |         processEmailsRecurring(new Date(), 2);
  |     }

I've tried with 2 and with 60000.

Either way, it starts up, calls the method, which runs once, and never runs again:

  | 22:25:17,277 INFO  [EmailManager] Starting up...
  | 22:25:17,277 INFO  [EmailManager] Kicking off recurring email processor.
  | 22:25:17,277 INFO  [EmailManager] proccessEmailsReccurring running...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Modoc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981590#3981590