[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @DataModel and @In attribute

sherkan777 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 30 03:07:20 EST 2006

Hi!
I I've application based on Seam + Facelets and my problem is, how to reload page and reload collection content?

I've menu component (Statefull bean @DataModel), and content page, also @DataModel collection and global variable selectedCategory;
Example:
Menu: (Treees, Buildings, ...)
When i Click on trees i want set new value of selectedCategory send it to my SESSION SCOPE, and in content bean pull it, fill my choosenCategory; collection of new variables and reload my page with content of all trees.

When i choose trees once (first time)
@In(scope=ScopeType.SESSION, value="currentCategory", required=false)
private String currentCategory;

everithink works fine, currentCategory is set by @in attribute and trees are loaded from DB, but if I choose again it doesn't works?

currentCategory is changed but choosenCategory is not reloaded.

If i change stateful bean scope.SESSION of collection (TREES) to Conversation  it works fine! For each conversation page is realoaded, but it's not good idea.
I don't want to have xxx convesations.

What should I do to change my currentCategory and reload content of my
@DataModel
choosenCategory;

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981665#3981665

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981665