[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JBossWS Stack and Polymorphic SEI

kalvin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 30 11:25:28 EST 2006

Hello all,

I am trying out the JBossWS stack with the bottom-up approach.  In my case, the service implementation class has a single method that takes abstract parameter and returns abstract return value as follow:

public WSAbstractReturnValue getValueBy(WSAbstractParameter paramter);

And, I have two subclasses for each of the abstract types:

public class WSReturnImplOne extends WSAbstractReturnValue {}
public class WSReturnImplTwo extends WSAbstractReturnValue {}
public class WSParameterImplOne extends WSAbstractParameter {}
public class WSParameterImplTwo extends WSAbstractParameter {}

I want that the service client may call the service method with a parameter of arbitrary subtype, and the service method may also return arbitrary subtype.

Does JBossWS stack support polymorphism in this scenario?  If yes, according to [JBWS-1091], how would I specify the subclasses in the configuration file when running wtools?

Thanks,
Kalvin

P.S. My environment is JBossIDE 2.0.0.Beta2, JBossAS 4.0.5.GA, JDK 1.5.0_06 and Windows XP Professional.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981803#3981803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981803