[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Use of @Out with JSTL/ui:include

ekusnitz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 30 15:20:00 EST 2006

I have the following situation which seams to defy explanation:

In my xhtml page, I have this:
<c:if test="#{!MyBean.newObject}">
		<ui:include src="/pages/Details.xhtml" />
</c:if>
<c:if test="#{MyBean.newObject}">
<ui:include src="/pages/Choose.xhtml" />
</c:if>

This works. However, if I outject the newObject variable instead and change the condition to test="#{newObject}",  etc., it does the opposite of expected. But I can see the variable appearing correctly in the context. That is, I add
newObject:<h:outputText value="#{newObject}"/>

to the page to see the current value. This renders as expected, but the <c:if> logic follows the  branch when the value is false and ignores it when it is true! Can anyone explain this?

I also tried using the rendered attribute for <ui:include> but that seemed to be ignored in all cases -- traditional jstl or outjection. I read somewhere that this wasn't supported?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981860#3981860

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981860