[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Using PortletSession, sharing objects between portlets

bmcgovern do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 30 16:54:23 EST 2006

Im using the following code setting a simple string in the portlet session's APPLICATION scope in portlet A.  Reading it with portlet B.  and its always returning null in portlet B.  I'm missing something simple can anyone clue me in?

Portlet A  -- works just fine
java.util.Date zDate = new java.util.Date();
  | PortletSession zSession = request.getPortletSession();
  | zSession.setAttribute("foo.timestamp", zDate.toString(), PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE);
  | System.out.println("Session Date ::" + (String)zSession.getAttribute("foo.timestamp", PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE));

Portlet B  -- returns null.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3981875#3981875

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3981875