[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Isolation/CallByValue on 4.0.5

dhannum do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 31 11:09:31 EST 2006

The docs say to change deploy/ear-deployer.xml, turning on Isolated and CallByValue Mine is below (it looks fine to me. The installer set it up right)

  | <server>
  |    <!-- EAR deployer, remove if you are not using ear deployments -->
  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer"
  |       name="jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployer">
  |       <!-- A flag indicating if ear deployments should have their own scoped
  |       class loader to isolate their classes from other deployments.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="Isolated">true</attribute>
  |       <!-- A flag indicating if the ear components should have in VM call
  |       optimization disabled.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="CallByValue">true</attribute>
  |    </mbean>
  | </server>

It also says to go to deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml and set Java2ClassLoadingCompliance and UseJBossWebLoader to false. Again, the installer set it correctly

  | <!-- Get the flag indicating if the normal Java2 parent first class
  |            model.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="Java2ClassLoadingCompliance">false</attribute>
  |       <!-- A flag indicating if the JBoss Loader should be used. This loader
  |            uses a unified class loader as the class loader rather than the tomcat
  |            specific class loader.
  |            The default is false to ensure that wars have isolated class loading
  |            for duplicate jars and jsp files.
  |       -->
  |       <attribute name="UseJBossWebLoader">false</attribute>

Last, the doc I saw (can't find the link right now) said to change conf/jboss-service and change the NamingService CallByValue setting. Now, in 4.0.5, it appears that NamingService moved (to deploy/naming.sar/META-INF/jboss-service?) And it appears that, right or wrong, the installer didn't set CallByValue to true in that file. I tried it both ways, and I still get the error.

Thus, as you can see, I believe that I (or the installer) have set the config values correctly based on the docs and yet things still don't work on 4.0.5.

Ideas?

Thanks
Dan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982123#3982123