[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems with application-like behaviour project

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 31 11:39:25 EST 2006

(1) I don't understand what your code looked like for the first approach. Please post it.

(2) Seam is throwing an NPE because there is no view id stored in the conversation entry. This is actually a bug in Seam, and I will fix it, but you could probably work around it by specifying page descriptions in pages.xml. However, your solution is still broken, AFAICT, because you are using a constant value as the conversation id in @Begin, which means you could only ever have one conversation at a time.

(3) I have a funny feeling that you could do what you want to do more easily using the Switcher or ConversationList stuff, but I'm not exactly sure, because I don't completely understand usecase. How exactly does it differ from the kind of thing that we do in the issue tracker example? Is it just that you want to display the list of conversations as tabs? Or does the list of tabs come from somewhere else?

(4) If you give me a really simplified, stripped down, easy to build and run copy of your project, along with a really good description of what exactly these tabs represent, where they come from, and how you want the conversations to behave, I will figure out a way to do it in Seam and make whatever fixes/changes are needed. But please take time to make sure that I can understand the problem and your code (I don't usually do this!). Email it to gavin.king at jboss.com.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982144#3982144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982144