[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Classloading and sharing classes between .ear and .rar

rupertlssmith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 31 13:07:54 EST 2006

"amazon" wrote : Is there anything new on this topic? I did it in the same way as described in the original posting, with the same negative result. The .rar is not found if it is inside the .ear, no matter if the .rar name in the -ds.xml is qualified or not. However, with the -ds.xml inside the .ear and the .rar deployed separately, it is working again. Is there no way to deploy a .rar inside an .ear?

I have the -ds.xml and the .rar file in my .ear:

myapp.ear

|-META-INF/application.xml
|-index-ra-ds.xml
|-index-ra-0.2.rar

In the -ds.xml file I have the fully qualified name of the .rar file:

<rar-name>myapp.ear#index-ra-0.2.rar</rar-name>

In my application.xml I have the .rar named as a connector module:

module
 connector index-ra-0.2.rar /connector
/module

(Please excuse the lack of angle brackets in the above XML, I can't get them to appear correctly and I'm not gonna spend all day finding out how to!!!)

Its been a while since I played around with getting this to work, but I think that is everything that is needed. I'm running JBoss version 4.0.4 GA and using the 'default' server setup to base my setup on.

I'm not 100% happy with this way of doing it because really I want to share my resource adapter between many .ears. Deploying it in the .ear as described above was the only way I ever managed to get it working.

Hope this helps?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982180#3982180

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982180