[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Classloading and sharing classes between .ear and .rar

rupertlssmith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 31 13:21:57 EST 2006

I should add, that that was the only way I could get it to work whilst using isolated classloaders for my .ear to solve the JAXB 2.0 problem. I think I managed to get around that one a differnt way and am not having to use the isolated class loaders now. So I should be able to deploy my .rar outside of the .ear too and not get class loader conflicts between the two.

I suspect JBoss needs to add a call-by-value mode switch for calling resource adapters? like it already has for making calls to EJB's that are not in the same .ear. This would be needed to call one that is deployed outside of the .ear when using isolated class loaders. I wonder if there is anything about this in the JCA specs? Haven't the time or inclination right now to go through them again.

My advice: Keep trying, this can be figured out. If you can't get it then post more specific details of your problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982184#3982184

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982184