[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - PhaseListenerManager Exception...

diablo341 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 31 17:10:26 EST 2006

I've done a lot reading of other posts, but I don't see anything immediately wrong with the my code.  I've been trying (chuckle) to get the seam-gen wiki example to work.  It's a sample app that uses jBPM.  When I publish the ear and go to http://localhost:8080/sample/home.seam, I get the following errors:
15:59:40,018 ERROR [PhaseListenerManager] Exception in PhaseListener RESTORE_VIEW(1) afterPhase
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException

  | 15:59:40,018 INFO  [SeamExceptionFilter] killing transaction
  | 15:59:40,028 ERROR [ExceptionInterceptor] redirecting to debug page
  | javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: begin method invoked from a long running conversation, try using @Begin(join=true)

I haven't modified any code so far.  Here's some snippets of some config files:

faces-config.xml
<lifecycle>
  |         <phase-listener>org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamExtendedManagedPersistencePhaseListener</phase-listener>
  |     </lifecycle>

web.xml:
 <listener>
  |         <listener-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener</listener-class>
  |     </listener>
  |
  |     <listener>
  |         <listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
  |     </listener>
  |
  |     <context-param>
  |         <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
  |         <param-value>client</param-value>
  |     </context-param>
  |
  |     <context-param>
  |         <param-name>facelets.DEVELOPMENT</param-name>
  |         <param-value>true</param-value>
  |     </context-param>
  |
  |     <context-param>
  |         <param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
  |         <param-value>.xhtml</param-value>
  |     </context-param>

I want to get this working before I move on to creating a blank template and then my real project here at work.

John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3982229#3982229

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3982229