[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - JGroups DistributedHashtable

skassal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 1 06:01:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think I have found an issue with DistributedHashtables (jgroups 2.4CR2)
I have a XML file containing the protocol stack and create a ChannelFactory with that file.

  | ChannelFactory  factory=new JChannelFactory(new File(configFilePathM));

The DistributedHashtable is created with

  | DistributedHashtable distHashM = new DistributedHashtable(distChannelNameM,factory,channelProps,true,TIMEOUT);

The problem is that the constructor of the DistributedHashtable class which I want to use uses the following:

  | channel=factory != null ? factory.createChannel(properties) : new JChannel(properties);

That means it always tries to uses the properties to create the channel and you cannot force it to use the configuration of the factory.

This could be solved in a way that you check if the properties is null and if it is you call  factory.createChannel()

What do you think about this?

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968885#3968885