[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Weird apache behaviour in load-balancing, and form-based

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 1 14:58:50 EDT 2006

Why would all the sessions live on one server? Sticky sessions means the sessions are sticky once assigned, but mod_jk assigns new sessions to different servers.

Doing what you want would require some tweaks to distributed sessions.  When Tomcat intercepts a request and sends you the login form, it stores info about the original request in a field in the session.  Then when you authenticate, it gets the info from the session and uses it to send you to your original destination.

Right now that "original request info" object isn't replicated, which is why FORM auth doesn't work without sticky sessions.  Replicating it *might* not be that big a deal, although IIRC the class Tomcat stores it in doesn't implement Serializable.

You're more than welcome to open a Feature Request JIRA for it; I'm not at all opposed to the idea, although it will probably be many months before we'd get to it. Unless someone in the community who needs it wants to take a shot at it -- hint, hint ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968985#3968985

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968985