[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: IDE cannot detect JBoss started, then JBoss is stopped

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 2 12:16:53 EDT 2006

About the ports.

In conf/jboss-service.xml I am using ports-03:

     ports-03
     ${jboss.home.url}/server/port-bindings.xml

Meaning ports shift from #0## to #3## (like 8380 for http).

I have now learned that If I remove this and use standard ports my problem goes away.  The IDE detects the server has started and all is well.

When I am not using the standard ports I see "twiddle server is down" many times in the log you wanted me to look at.

I know the solution I just cannot kind find where to make the change to the ports.

When I use the new server tool (under JBoss Inc.) I cannot find a place to change the ports. The older server definition tool (not under JBoss Inc, just plain 'JBoss') has the property panel like the one shown here:

http://www.equipmentmonitors.net/serverports.JPG

It allows you to define the jndi port and the http port being used which apparently is key to detecting the presence of the server (makes sense).

Thanks for your help on this Rob.  I am not 'stopped' any longer and don't need any more help.  If this port setup panel is missing from the new 'JBoss Inc' server tool hopefully it can be added later.   If it is there  now let me know how to get to it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969052#3969052

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969052