[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Updating an entity

hoongming do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 3 22:48:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am having some problems either implementing or understanding how entities are updated. I have created some entities that populate a Postgresql database. I have a stateless session bean that performs 3 functions, create and query. I use a client application that uses this session beans via the remote interface. I have no problems creating and querying, but when I use the entity returned from the query and adjust my set methods to update the properties, nothing happens to my database records. I thought that maybe my entities were detached so i added another function to my session bean that uses merge(), but still my database records were unchanged. Can anyone help understand how entities are updated? or what I might be doing wrong in the above implementation? Your response is very much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969144#3969144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969144