[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - Re: hibernate tools hangs eclipse

bugra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 4 11:32:15 EDT 2006

> do you have just the hibernate tools installed or also the rest of jobsside installed ?

I have only hibernate tools installed.

> Where you editing some xml while it were happening ?

It could be possible that I had a few editor windows (tabs) open with XML files. but the "second" before the hang up of eclipse I wasn't on this editor tab. so the answer would be, I had open XML editor tabs but i was not editing them.

> ... unless the jdbc driver were having a hard time to connect to the db ..could this be the case ?

i don't think so. I'm currently using Apache Derby 10.1 "Nature" as a project in eclipse (starting & stopping the server from inside eclipse) - for testing purposes - and using "org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver" driver. since the DB is on the same box the connectivity shouldn't be a problem.

thanks for your feedback.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969252#3969252

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969252