[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Step-by-step localization guide

nhpvti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 5 08:30:56 EDT 2006

"perwik" wrote : Oh, whith "object" and "connections" etc. I was thinking of a database.

I have concerns about retrieving static information at runtime from a database, even using some kind of caching.

Why not to use some standard CMS to produce templates and this way avoid overhead at runtime?

A standard CMS product can afford  fine-grained access management via user roles, mature GUI, some kind of preview mode, version control Etc.

I've tried custom navigation handler for adding language suffix at the end of an action,  for example: register_en, register_de

It works, but in this case I have to duplicate navigation rules :-(

<navigation-rule>
  | 		<navigation-case>
  | 			<from-outcome>register_en</from-outcome>
  | 			<to-view-id>/register_en.xhtml</to-view-id>
  | 			<redirect />
  | 		</navigation-case>
  | 		<navigation-case>
  | 			<from-outcome>register_de</from-outcome>
  | 			<to-view-id>/register_de.xhtml</to-view-id>
  | 			<redirect />
  | 		</navigation-case>
  | </navigation-rule>

I still have to check whether Seam page flow can be used easier for supporting my approach.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969446#3969446

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969446