[jboss-user] JMX Web-Console missing, Can't run jconsole? (4.0.4-GA)

Dave Belfer-Shevett dbs at stonekeep.com
Tue Sep 5 12:47:53 EDT 2006

Hi folks, first time posting to the list.  Sorry for the newbie-esque
questions.

This actually is 2 questions.  One - I can't find the web-console applet in
Jboss 4.0.4-GA.  Various bits of documentation say to go
to "http://localhost:8080/web-console/", but that 404's.  There's no deployed
app in the JMX console for the web-console either.  Where is it?

I'm trying to get a handle on JMX - my goal is to come up with a simple way to
review my deployed EJBs, see how they're running, what their memory footprint
is, thread activity, etc.  jconsole seems like a great tool for doing this,
but I don't know the magic URI to connect to Jboss-4.0.4.  When jconsole
starts, it's supposed to look for running jvm's under the same UID, which my
jboss is (I'm running via jboss-ide inside Eclipse).

Can I use jconsole to monitor / review MBeans in Jboss, and if so, how?

Thanks!

	-dbs

--
Dave Belfer-Shevett