[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: How to know when entity is removed?

A_titov82 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 5 14:42:35 EDT 2006

Well perhaps, I really do not need to throw an EntityManager to send JMS. But I would like to use local beans (because they work faster) in entity listener.
I need JMS (or some thing like this) to notify remote clients when something happens with entity (insert, update or remove). So, I have to code this logic in life cycle methods.
After some researches I found the way to do that.

  | @EntityListeners(EntityListener.class)
  | public class RelatedEntity  implements Serializable {
  | }
  |
  | public class EntityListener{
  | 	@PostLoad
  | 	public void onLoad(Object obj){
  | 		try {
  | 			InitialContext ctx=new InitialContext();
  | 			EntityLocalHome localHome=(EntityLocalHome) ctx.lookup("Entity1Home/local");
  | 			localHome.onLoad(obj);
  | 		} catch (NamingException e) {
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  | 		}
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public EntityListener() {
  | 		System.out.println("Creating entity listener");
  | 	}
  | }

May be there is a way to do it better (and more elegant)?
I was disappointed, that I could not use dependency injection here (instead of lookup). But it works.
There is only one thing, that confuses me. Why the constructor of the EntityListener is never invoked?
I think that EJB 3.0 is not designed for remote clients, only for web interfaces...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969551#3969551

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969551