[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - NOTYETINSTALLED + JBoss-4.0.4.GA + dependency

lpiccoli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 6 04:29:28 EDT 2006

hi all,

just migrated to Jboss 4.0.4GA. And my app is failing to deploy with the following error.

  | ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:ear=asset.ear,jar=business.ejb3,name=ReportBean,service=E
  | JB3
  |   State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  |   I Depend On:
  |     persistence.units:unitName=as
  |
  | --- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
  | ObjectName: persistence.units:unitName=as
  |   State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  |   Depends On Me:
  |     jboss.j2ee:ear=asset.ear,jar=business.ejb3,name=AssetBean,service=EJB3
  |     jboss.j2ee:ear=asset.ear,jar=business.ejb3,name=DepreciationBean,service=EJB
  | 3
  |     jboss.j2ee:ear=asset.ear,jar=business.ejb3,name=JobBean,service=EJB3
  |     jboss.j2ee:ear=asset.ear,jar=business.ejb3,name=ReportBean,service=EJB3

OK so i gather from the forum that JBoss4.0.4 is stricter on the dependancy checking. I have seen a work around for EJB injection using the @ignoreDependency but nothing for EntityManagers.

My code is

  | @Stateless
  | public class JobBean implements Job {
  |
  |   @PersistenceContext (unitName="as")
  |   protected EntityManager em;

I have seen many request on the same topics but no solutions. If there is a solution please point it out so it wont be asked again.

thanks

-lp

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969663#3969663

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969663