[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - log4j error in Spring MVC portlet

mmontoni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 6 15:36:49 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I downloaded the Sping MVC example and tried to deploy it in my JBoss portal 2.4 Beta. It seems to work fine but I do get a log4j error in my Jboss AS console. See below:

log4j:ERROR A "org.jboss.logging.util.OnlyOnceErrorHandler" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.spi.ErrorHandler" variable.
log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.spi.ErrorHandler" was loaded by
log4j:ERROR [WebappClassLoader

I compared the .jar from the web-inf/lib in my spring portlet and the Jboss as lib and the deploy/lib one. If I remove the log4j from the spring portlet, the console freezes while trying to deploy the log4j.properties file...

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Mariella.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969850#3969850