[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: XA Connection error

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 6 19:40:38 EDT 2006

Not a problem.

So option 2 it is :-)

anonymous wrote :
  | If I omit the UserTransaction, then the environment (JBoss) will create one anyway for each Connection I open. Are these correct assumptions?

Nope.

In option 2, you are responsible for creating the UserTransaction and 'demarcating' the transaction boundaries (note, this is much the same as you would do with JDBC, just at a different layer (Servlet/JSP).

Option 1, EJB, gives you declarative (automatic) transaction support.

Everything is bound and ready to go in JNDI when JBoss starts up so there is nothing special you need to do in this regard. Just get the UserTransaction, start the transaction and commit/rollback the transaction when necessary.

Again, this is very much like JDBC just at a different layer.

Note, this is a primary reason people often use EJB/Spring or some other framework that automatically does the start/commit/rollback. Servlets/JSF have no such declarative transaction model though you can use other frameworks to achieve these results inside a Web environment.

Again, I am not a JSF expert so there may be some tag/configuration that will start/rollback/commit for you. You may want to take a look at the JSF doc for clarification.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3969914#3969914

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3969914