[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - hbm2ddl update problem

prot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 04:42:28 EDT 2006

i am using seam with jboss & hibernate for an EJB3 based portal .. we are using 8 databases here with the same schema ...and pls dont ask me why ;)

and the problem is: if i add one field to an entity the first two schemas are updated, the rest of them are not ... persistence.xml looks like below

  | <persistence-unit name="company1_entity_manager">
  |     <jta-data-source>java:/OracleCompany1</jta-data-source>
  |     <properties>
  |         <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>
  |         <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect"/>
  |         <property name="hibernate.session-factory" value="java:/HibernateSessionFactories/company1SessionFactory"/>
  |         <property name="hibernate.jdbc.batch_size" value="20"/>
  |         <property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransactionFactory"/>
  |
  |         <property name="jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" value="java:/EntityManagerFactories/company1EntityManager" />
  |         <property name="jboss.entity.manager.jndi.name" value="java:/EntityManager/company1"/>
  |     </properties>
  |  </persistence-unit>

and exactly the same config as above for all schemas (company2, company3, etc)

and another odd thing.. when i deploy, the JBoss log correctly shows 8 schema-update operations, but all table names are shown as COMPANY1.XXX (instead of COMPANY1, COMPANY2, COMPANY3, etc)

any ideas?

many thx in advance
prot

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970021#3970021