[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: JBossCache 2.0.0 and JMX: Design ideas

ben.wang@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 09:58:33 EDT 2006

1. You are right on printDetails(). So I guess if config element output is formatted for human reading, a string output is fine as well.

2. If we will have mbean on the interceptor level, then I'd suggest to push as much config attributes as possible since you are passing the config object in the chain anyway. This way, we reduce the cluttering of the parameters from the main Cache MBean.

3. Well, JMX specifically lists operation methods to provide decoupling of different services, doesn't it? But on the other hand, once user uses cache.getRoot().getChild(fqn) to obtain a Node, then there goes the decoupling. :-) So yes, go ahead and just provide a getCache operation then.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970098#3970098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970098