[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: How can I set the language for all portlets in the porta

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 7 17:17:39 EDT 2006

may be have a look at the CMSPortlet, to see how it manage with the locale.

The locale is also defined in the user preferences (if logged in).

if you want to manage the session locale (decided by the user, that ask for a different locale, even if not logged in), you may use a parameter stored in the session, at the Application scope (for all portlets to read  it). you may search on the web, there are some articles that explain how to use parameters in the session.

I don't use a parameter in the session, but a Inter Portlet Communication (IPC) that is based on messages exchanged between portlets.

As the IPC store and provide the messages at a session level, it provide me with a storing this parameter (as a message) at the session level.
that avoid to put many things in the session, that is not recommended for heavy load management.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3970224#3970224

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3970224